The Leeds Agile HR Meetup is back for some summer fun.
The hugely successful learning network for Human Resources (HR), Learning and Development (L&D), Agile and, People and Culture professionals, returns to Leeds on July 31st, 2018.
Our good friends and Northern UK Agile HR trailblazers, Sky Betting and Gaming (SBG), are our hosts again, at their fantastic, Agile friendly, office space in central Leeds.
The theme is ‘Agile People’ in honour of our main guest, Pia-Maria Thorén. A thought leader in the Agile HR movement and author of Agile People - A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees).
The evening will look at Agile HR through a wider organisational development lens and explore case studies in how to redesign HR to support Agile teams, enable collaboration, develop leaders and build people friendly workplaces.
The SBG People Operations team will again be on hand to share their own inspiring stories. The team will detail key initiatives and their own achievements in the areas of performance and reward, and how this helped SBG become a top 100 UK employer.
Natal Dank, UK's Agile HR pioneer, will then lead an interactive discussion how to start redesigning HR to support Agile back in your own workplace.
What is Agile HR?
Transforming the fundamental principles of Human Resources (HR) to into People Operations leading Agile, digital and networked organisations. Agile HR aims to build a shared value between your customer, business and people by embracing:
- A mindset that applies the Agile values to HR
- A deliberate move away from HR ‘best practice’ and blueprinting one-size-fits-all solutions
- User experimentation to validate what works and what doesn’t
- Agile work practices, like Scrum and Kanban, to get things done
- Design principles to develop human centric and people friendly practices
- Evidence-based decision making, that uses data and insight to drive each iteration
What to expect on the night?
- An opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow HR professionals and leading Agile HR practitioners
- Group discussion, two-way dialogue and sharing of stories
- Drinks and snacks to keep you nourished
- Guest speakers from people leading the way in Agile HR:
- The People Operations team at SBG, including Joanne Edwards and Amanda Bellwood, sharing their personal Agile HR insights.
- Pia-Maria Thorén, who has worked with many of Sweden's largest companies, helping them to implement HR processes and solutions, always spiced with an Agile mindset.
- Natal Dank at Southern Blue, UK’s Agile HR pioneer and Meetup organiser.
Start time: Gather at 17.45 for a 18.00 kick off
End time: 21.00
Calling all HR, L&D and Agile Northerners!
Open to anyone willing and able to innovate the human side of their workplace.
Tweet on the night to hashtag #AGILEHR
See you there..
You can also join the Agile HR Meetup group at www.meetup.com/AgileHR-Community to keep track of other events in the UK and Europe.
Upon registration for this event you automatically opt in and agree that the organiser, Southern Blue, can use your contact information (name, e-mail address, phone number, country of residence, organisation, title, special diet and invoicing details) for event, invoicing or service related communication for this specific event only. Your contact details are stored in the Eventbrite system and are protected through their robust security and privacy program.
Your contact information for this event is only shared if a local partner co-hosting the event at a specific location requires the details for venue entry and/or security purposes (for example, providing contact information to the venue reception for entry and security purposes).
You can also opt in for Southern Blue and/or Agile HR Community related content, newsletters and information on future events upon registration by checking the relevant tick box. This is great way to stay informed and up-to-date with Agile HR trends and events.
Southern Blue will not use the personal data provided for this event for any future marketing purposes unless you opt in or share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes.